Information Technology (IT) Manager (Permanent, Full-Time)
Grande Prairie is the heart of the Peace Region in Northwestern Alberta, and the largest urban centre north of the capital. An expanding young city of 70,000, it is the hub of the Peace Library System which serves 46 libraries and almost 180,000 people, and is a partner with three other library systems in The Regional Automation Consortium (TRAC). With nearby access to the Rocky Mountains and vast expanses of wilderness area for outdoor pursuits in all seasons, Grande Prairie is a great place for families and people of all ages to live, grow and thrive.
- Oversees the operations of the Peace Library System hardware, software and networked services and ensures their ongoing maintenance and planned upgrades.
- Maintain and forecast the department budget for hardware, software and projects.
- Supervise and evaluates employees, schedules work shifts, and ensures adequate training for staff.
- Manages the integrated library system (ILS) and related software, in conjunction with consortium partners; creates and implements training for staff and member libraries.
- Develops IT related policies and procedures.
- Ensures the security and backup of electronic data.
- Work with the management team to implement the PLS Plan of Service, contribute to the preparation of the annual budget
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- IT related degree or diploma, MLIS or equivalent from an accredited library school preferred
- Minimum of three years of library experience
- Strong management and leadership skills, minimum of five years of supervisory experience, experience in instruction and training
- Proficiency in the use of office and integrated library system software, Polaris would be an asset
- Experience in troubleshooting hardware and software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior organizational, time management and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work closely and effectively with others in a team setting
- Valid driving license
Salary range for the position is $79,408-$104,565.63/year. Peace Library System provides a competitive salary and benefits package.
A review of applications will begin 20 December 2023. The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate has been selected. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume. A complete job description is available upon request. References will be requested from interviewees.
Louisa Robison, BA MLIS
CEO, Peace Library System
8301 110 street
Grande Prairie, AB T8W 6T2